Kentucky Exposition Center Goes Green
Did you know the Kentucky Exposition Center leads state government agencies in energy-saving projects? Over the past several years we’ve worked to increase our venue’s energy efficiency, with an eye towards a better guest experience and a greener venue. Here are just a few of the improvements we’ve made for superior events and a brighter future:
- Changed all lighting to LED and induction lighting throughout the facility.
- Updated lighting in our exhibit hall to only turn on during scheduled events. For move-in, move-out and maintenance lights are kept at 25%.
- Installed a capacitor bank on our main power source that takes the power we receive from the electric utility company from 50% to 95% efficiency on consumption.
- Installed a high efficiency chiller that uses one-third of the energy required of the previous unit.
- We divert 50% of our waste through recycling and compost, which means only half ends up in the landfill.
Additional Green Updates
- Changed cleaning solutions from traditional cleaning products to a green system, which are prepared onsite. This enables us to provide the same level of sanitization and preparing on onsite eliminates the environmental demand from distribution and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
- Added low-flow water fixtures to reduce water consumption around the Kentucky Exposition Center
Next time you’re at the Kentucky Exposition Center make sure to look around and see our new lighting. But don’t stare at it too long! And know behind the scenes, there are even more improvements which are better for both our visitors and our planet. For more information about events at the Kentucky Exposition Center click here or if you want to book an event click here.